I can’t remember the last time I made a New Year’s Resolution… I don’t know if I should start now, but then again, what harm would it do? 😀
I’ve been keeping lots of promises to myself for the past few months and I only got to stick to like 30% of them. Believe it or not, I don’t think the problem’s with ME though. I’m lazy, yes, but NOT that lazy… I do have patience… for certain stuff. And it kinda depends on my mood. ^^ I can finish things that I started… as long as I’m NOT either sleepy or exhausted. I think the problem lies with the fact that I set up some really high standards. I tend to reach for the stars when I could barely reach my toes. Hehe. So I guess I should REALLY try to keep my resolutions “tamed” and MORE realistic. 😀
SO here it goes. My realistic and revolutionary resolutions for the year 2012. ^____________^
1. Drink MORE water. – Yeah, I know it’s stupid. But I really need to promise myself to drink LESS cola and juices and drink MORE water. Like 8 glasses a day or something.
2. Eat LESS at night. – I know this would be biting off more than I can chew due to the fact that I barely eat anything in the morning and I have a home-based job at night which heightens the chances of me overeating at night… BUT… I will definitely TRY my very best.
3. Drink TEA. The healthy type of TEA – not those sweetened or flavored ones which claims to be ‘good for your body’. One of my friends suggested that I try this. I’m more of a coffee-person so I was kinda doubtful about this. But then again, I’m someone who’s willing to take on any challenge. AND this is definitely a challenge for me coz I despise the bland and leafy taste of tea. -.- But it’d probably help me with my indigestion problems as well. Okay. TMI. Next. XD
4. Save MONEY. I really need to do this. I used to be SOOOOOO good at this. I dunno what happened. Well, okay, those secondhand clothing and shoes stores HAPPENED. I got so addicted on shopping for clothes and shoes last year. Although I only buy the cheap ones, buying like 3-5 items EVERY salary day is tantamount to buying ONE really expensive bag.
5. Watch 200 movies. I challenged myself to 100 movies last year. I succeeded early on and went overboard by adding a hundred more to my list. I failed. I only watched 199 movies. Technically. XD So this year, I will make sure to watch 200 movies. ^^
6. Read 24 books. I REALLY wish I can accomplish this challenge. My goal, initially, was 50 books a year. But that was a truckload of B.S. I could NEVER do that UNLESS I become a jobless bum or a bored housewife. So I limited it to 15 books a year. But I still wasn’t able to finish 15 as of December 31, 2011. I only read 14 and a half. Haha. So this year, I need to read like 2 books a month. Go me! 😀
7. Learn something new. I’m thinking about Yoga. I still don’t want to give up on that. I desperately want to learn Yoga. I have time and money for that. The problem is… I live in a small city where there is a scarcity of Yoga classes and instructors. I tried learning from a DVD before but it won’t work.
So, this year instead of yoga perhaps I can learn how to drive. 😀 I know the idea of me having a car is too far-fetched right now. I don’t even have my own apartment… BUT I think it’d be fun to learn how to drive. Before I thought it’d be nerve-wracking but I guess I simply watched too much THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS movies. Hehe. A gorgeous driving instructor would DEFINITELY motivate me 😉
That’s it for NOW. I’m still thinking about what to do with my life. I’ll probably change my hairstyle again. Try another fashion style. Shave off some pounds, hopefully. Sleep more. Be more organized. Be less mysophobic. Haha. It’s only the second day of the new year so I’d probably have more ideas as days go by. For now – GOOD LUCK TO ME.